Early morning bedroom fire in Bexhill

The fire was started accidentally
The fire was started accidentally

Firefighters tackled a fire in a bedroom in the early hours of this morning (Thursday, October 22).

Two East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews from Bexhill were mobilised to the incident on Pankhurst Rise at 2.25am.

Crews used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put the fire out and a PPV fan was used to clear the smoke.

Firefighters deemed the cause of the fire to be accidental.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.