Firefighters called to Bexhill Hospital

30/11/11- Bexhill Hospital ENGSUS00120121016162209
30/11/11- Bexhill Hospital ENGSUS00120121016162209

Firefighters were called out to Bexhill Hospital in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday, September 15).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service received a call just after 3.10am reporting a burning smell in the Irvine Unit, which has 54 inpatient beds.

Two appliances from Bexhill Fire Station raced to the scene.

Crews used a thermal imaging camera to locate the source of the smell.

The burning smell was found to have been caused by a faulty motor on a hot water pump.

The incident was left with the building’s maintenance team and no further action was taken by firefighters.

A spokesman for the hospital said no one was evacuated from the building.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.