Firefighters fix leaking ceiling in Bexhill

Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132219001
Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132219001
0
Have your say

Firefighters fixed a leaking ceiling which was causing the plaster board to collapse and affecting the electrics at a Bexhill home yesterday evening (Wednesday, February 8).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews from Bexhill were called to an address on Portfield Close after reports of flooding and water coming through ceiling at 8pm.

Crews found the leak was affecting electrics and there had been a partial collapse of plaster board from ceiling.

The leak was isolated and advice given to the occupants.

Earlier at 5.15pm, two fire engines from Bexhill and Bohemia Road, St Leonards, were sent to an address on London Road, Bexhill.

It was a false alarm as food had overheated in a microwave.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please remember to keep an eye on your cooking.”

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.