Television and radio presenter Gloria Hunniford will officially open a new care home next Saturday (April 30).
Gloria, known for appearances on The One Show and This Morning, as well as a host of other programmes, will arrive at Southlands Place care home, in Hastings Road, at 11am with a ribbon cutting at midday.
Once the ribbon is cut the presenter is set to take a tour of the 72-bedroom home and speak to residents, their relatives, the care team and visiting members of the public.
Home manager Brigid Sedour said: “We are very much looking forward to showing Gloria Hunniford what a modern, purpose-built home can offer to residents.
“We have been open just a few weeks and are already making friends with neighbours and local groups, becoming part of the Bexhill community.”
Guests will be invited to enjoy music from the Sussex String Quartet during lunch, which will be prepared by the home’s chefs.
They will also be able to take advantage of complimentary nail and hair treatments in the salon.
The home is the newest development by the Caring Homes Group.
It has a cinema, café, therapy room and two hairdressing salons.
For more information, visit www.caringhomes.org or call 0808 202 3303.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.