This pooch has defied the odds - Perdy is an eight year old Lakeland Terrier electrocuted twice on a railway line while out on a walk.
She was alive but completely paralised when brought to Claremont surgery, and emergency intensive therapy was given for two days.
The outcome looked bleak but small signs of improvement came with Perdy being able to lift her head and remain sitting up when propped.
Her owners took her home and she progressed, and now has the use of three legs so she can walk unaided.
Now she has been awarded Claremont Vetinary Group’s Pet Of The Year award and went with her owners to the practice to receive the accolade.
Each month staff nominate their Pet of the Month from those hospitalised at the surgery. The ‘Pet of the Month’ display board has been successful in highlighting various symptoms, the importance of which can sometimes be overlooked by owners. The awards recognise the bravery and fortitude of the animals, and out of all the year’s contenders Perdy was picked by staff as overall winner.