Police were called after a man was spotted on the railway line during the evening rush hour.
British Transport police were called to Cooden Beach station at 5.15pm on Wednesday (November 4) following reports of a person on the line.
A spokesman for BTP said: “Colleagues from Sussex Police also attended, and a 26-year-old man was escorted from the station and taken to a place of safety.”
The incident caused some delays and cancellations to services.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.