Man hospitalised with gas poisoning after Hooe fire

Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132511001
Fire & Rescue East Sussex SUS-150522-132511001
1
Have your say

A man suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and was taken to hospital after a fire in Hooe last night (Monday, December 19).

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service crews from Pevensey put out the fire on Top Road, which was caused by a coal fire stove, at around 11.45pm.

Both the gas board and paramedics were requested to attend, following reports of carbon monoxide.

One man was treated for carbon monoxide poisoning and was left in the care of the ambulance service before being conveyed to hospital.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage

2) Like our Facebook page

3) Follow us on Twitter

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

Always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.