Man suffers smoke inhalation at Bexhill kitchen fire

Fire crews treated a man for smoke inhalation
Fire crews treated a man for smoke inhalation
0
Have your say

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire in Bexhill on Thursday night (July 23).

The man, said to be in his 30s, suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene but declined further hospital care.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service and South East Coast Ambulance Service were called to reports of a fire at Thakeham Close just past 9pm but the fire was out once they arrived.

They found there had been a small fire on the hob of a cooker so the crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the smoke.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.