THE Parent Support Advisors team, based at Bexhill High School, is starting 2013 with a series of courses and initiatives.
The team works with all primary and secondary schools in Bexhill, including Bexhill College, and is experienced at working with families and young people.
• Insider’s Guide, which starts today (Friday February 1) from 9am to noon at the Beacon Centre, Sidley Baptist Church, and is for parents/carers of children who have a disability
• Benefits Advice and Drop-in session at Sidley’s Children’s Centre next Thursday (Feb 7) from 1pm to 3pm
• New support group for parents and carers of twins and multiple births, last Friday of every month from 10-11.30am at Sidley Children’s Centre
• Family and Friends Carers - are you caring full-time for a child in the family or a close friend’s child and have parental responsibility? Thursday Feb 14, 10am to 1pm at Sidley Children’s Centre
• Health Trainers - Friday February 8 11.30-2.30pm at Pebsham Co-op, Wednesday February 13 at Sussex House - In Body, 10am to 2pm, Monday Feb 18 St Peter’s Community Centre.
A spokesman for the PSA said,: “Our small team are experienced at working with families and young people.
“We are friendly and hope that you will find us easy to talk to.
“We do not judge people or put people down for having problems. We won’t tell you what to do, we will ask you what help you think you might need. If we cannot advise you ourselves, we will put you in touch with the right people.”
PSAs provide support for children/young people by working in 1 to 1 sessions to help improve self-esteem, anger management and to provide a listening ear. E-mail email@example.com