A ferocious fire broke out at a thatched cottage on Sunday night (April 17).
Firefighters were called to an address at Marlpits Lane in Ninfield, just after 8pm.
At the height of the fire there were six fire engines at the scene and a water carrier from Uckfield Fire Station.
The fire engines came from Bexhill, Herstmonceux, Bohemia Road in Hastings, Broad Oak and two from Battle Fire Station.
The incident was scaled down at 10pm.
There are no reported injuries.
It is not yet known what caused the blaze.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.