Five new traveller pitches have been proposed for Bexhill.
If the plans are agreed, the permanent pitches will be based in North Bexhill, on land near the Link Road.
Originally just three pitches featured in Rother District Council’s plans, but the council opted to increase this figure after some councillors argued another site earmarked for two pitches, Bramble Farm at Ewhurst, was unsuitable.
Previous planning applications to site a mobile home at Bramble Farm had been dismissed by the Planning Inspectorate three times on appeal.
Discussing the matter at a recent RDC meeting, some councillors felt too many traveller sites were located in rural Rother and not within the Bexhill area, where half of the population of Rother lives.
The plans for traveller provision in Bexhill was first outlined back in 2013.
A public consultation will take place.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.