Tumble dryer fire at Bexhill home

East Sussex fire
East Sussex fire

Firefighters were called to a tumble dryer blaze in Bexhill yesterday afternoon (May 11).

Two Fire Engines from Bexhill and one from The Ridge in Hastings were sent to a property on Holmesdale Road at 1.30pm.

On arrival they found a fire in a tumble dryer which was located in the garage.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.

The cause of the fire was found to be accidental.

Crews carried out a home safety visit with the occupier.