Bexhill secondary school reports another nine Covid-19 cases
A secondary school in Bexhill has reported another nine Covid-19 cases across multiple years groups.
St Richard’s Catholic College, in Ashdown Road, Bexhill, wrote to parents on Wednesday (December 2) to confirm the news.
This follows an email on Monday evening which said two members of the school community had tested positive for the virus.
School principal Doreen Cronin said parents of individuals who have come into close contact with any of the individuals who tested positive for Covid-19 will receive a letter informing them that their child must stay at home for 14 days.
The school has remained open to all other children.
These confirmed cases are the latest to impact a school in the area.
Earlier this week, St Leonards Academy closed to all year groups for two weeks. Students will return on December 14.
Bexhill Academy was closed on November 19 and November 20 to all students and is currently employing a staggered reopening to bring all students back.
Battle Abbey Prep School has also reported cases of Covid-19.
Ark Alexandra sent all students in year 7 and 8 home to isolate and closed its Helenswood campus for a deep clean. Year 8 students returned on Monday (November 30), while year 7 returned on Wednesday (December 2).
Hastings Academy was closed for two weeks at the end of September following an outbreak of cases, but has since reopened.