The number of Covid-19 deaths in each area of Bexhill and Rye
New figures show the tragic number of Covid-19 related deaths that have occurred across different areas in Rother.
Rother saw a total of 49 Covid-19 deaths in the three months between March 1 and May 31, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics.
The breakdown by ward is as follows:
– Collington, Cooden and Little Common, 12
– Bexhill East and Pebsham, 10
– Bexhill Central, 7
– Burwash, Sedlescombe and Staplecross, 7
– Bexhill North and Sidley, 3
– Robertsbridge, Hurst Green and Ticehurst, 3
– Westfield, Fairlight and Broad Oak, 3
– Northiam, Peasmarsh and Camber, 2
– Battle and Catsfield, 1
– Kewhurst, 1
Rye and Winchelsea had not recorded any Covid-19 deaths in the three months to May 31, according to the data.
Figures from Public Health England show there have been 100 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Rother.
In Eastbourne, a total of 53 people have died with the virus, according to the latest ONS figures.
In Hastings, nine people have died with the virus.