A derelict building at a disused sports ground has been set alight - again.
Firefighters were called to the former Sidley Sports Ground in Glovers Lane at around 6.10pm on Sunday (December 4).
Fire engines from Bexhill, Hastings and Pevensey fire stations were on the scene, along with Lewes Command Support Unit.
A spokesperson for East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service told the Observer the fire is being treated as deliberate and the Service has launched an investigation.
The Sidley Sports and Social Club closed in April 2013 due to severe financial difficulties, leaving Sidley United Football Club and Sidley Cricket Club without a ground.
The site has stood empty ever since and has been repeatedly targeted by vandals.
The clubhouse was previously torched by arsonists on February 28 2015.
Developers are seeking to build homes on the site.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.