Friends of Lauren Masters are rallying round to support the young mum’s grieving family.
Lauren was stabbed to death in her home at Fernleigh Court, Sutherland Avenue, on Friday (August 29).
The 20-year-old’s death has left the community devastated, but Bexhillians are pulling together to help Lauren’s two young sons.
Lauren’s friend Crystal Hamilton has set up a webpage to raise funds to ensure the boys are looked after.
Crystal told the Observer: “Myself and a group of friends, who all had children similar or the same ages as Lauren’s little boys, decided to set up the donations page from all of us mothers to another.
“We all knew that if something like that would of happened to us that Lauren and the rest of our group would do the same to make sure our children were looked after.
“Also we hope the money raised will take off some stress and worry for Lauren’s family through this difficult time.”
As of today (Tuesday, September 1), the total raised stands at £1,425 - way over the £500 target.
As well as attracting donations from friends, many also came from strangers, who have left messages of support for Lauren’s family.
Other well-wishers have offered to donate children’s clothing and even a high chair.
To donate, please logon to http://www.gofundme.com/wu2yq33w
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.