Cooking oil poured over gull

SUS-151106-124442001
SUS-151106-124442001

Bexhill Wildlife Rescue went to the aid of a stricken young gull which was injured after a group of yobs poured kitchen oil over it.

Rescuers Karen Alexander and Chris Veggie picked up the seagull on Tuesday (June 9).

Karen told the Observer: “Some fast food workers had thought it ‘funny’ to pour cooking oil over it.

“The wings and feathers were clogged and he was unable to fully open his wings.

“An hour or so later, with much warm water and cleaning agents, we had got most if not all the oil out.

“The gull , though stressed to begin with, settled and appeared to realise we were trying to help.”

The gull settled into a bunk overnight and was collected by another rescue organisation the following day.

Bexhill Wildlife Rescue has not named the shop whose staff were involved in the incident.

* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1 Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net

2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver

3 Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer – always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.