East Sussex County Council has refuted claims the Bexhill-Hastings Link Road will be opening on November 26.
Derrick Coffee of the Campaign for Better Transport said he was told over the weekend by a “technically qualified source” that the BHLR was “likely” to open to traffic on this date.
The date has been posted on social networking website Facebook and widely shared around local groups.
But a spokesperson for East Sussex County Council says the local authority “definitely” does not have November 26 pencilled in as a launch date for the road.
An official opening date has yet to be set.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.