Christmas shoppers will get a festive treat when pay and display charges across the district are waived.
Motorists using Rother District Council’s off street car parks on certain days during the festivities will not need to purchase and display a ticket or permit.
Parking charges will be waived;
• In Rye and Little Common on Saturday, December 5, 12 and 19
• In Battle on Saturday, November 28 and Saturday, December 5 and 12
• In Bexhill on Friday, December 4 and Saturday, December 5 and 19
Cllr Carl Maynard, leader of Rother District Council, said: “We hope that by waiving car parking fees, Christmas shoppers will support their local shops.
“As with every year, we feel it is important to offer local businesses as much support as possible and offer a gesture of goodwill to our residents.”
Concession parking days have been set in conjunction with Chambers of Commerce, Town Teams and Traders Associations.
Parking rules, including time limits on spaces, will still apply and anyone not complying will still be liable for the standard charge.
For more information visit www.rother.gov.uk/carparks
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.