A young child is in hospital with serious injuries after being hit by a firework.
The six-year-old girl from Lewes was with her mother at the Nevill Bonfire celebrations in Lewes on Saturday, October 17 when she was hit on the head by a firework while in the society enclosure off Nevill Road.
She is being treated at Kings College Hospital in London with a perforated ear drum and a fractured skull.
Her mother suffered bruises and burns after also being hit. Neither of their injuries are life threatening.
Detective constable Matt Cherryman said: “We are appealing to anyone who witnessed the event or recorded the display to please contact police on 101 or email email@example.com quoting serial 945 of 17/10.”
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.