An 81-year-old man has been arrested by police investigating a spate of vandalism to cars parked in and around the Ravenside Retail Park.
In recent weeks, almost 20 vehicles parked in the Ravenside car park and nearby Brett Drive have had their tyres punctured.
PC Lindon Lloyd, of the Bexhill Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “The damage done has been very disruptive for car owners.
“I would like to thank local businesses for their help in assisting us in this enquiry.
“Sadly, hundreds of pounds of damage has been caused.”
Officers would like to hear from anyone who has seen or heard anything suspicious in the Ravenside area over recent weeks, or who may have other information which may assist in the investigation.
They are asked to email email@example.com or phone 101, quoting serial 393 of 04/12.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers without having to leave their name on 0800 555 111.
Police have arrested an 81-year-old local man on suspicion of causing criminal damage.
He has been bailed until Sunday December 13 while enquiries continue.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.