Fire breaks out at Bexhill house

The fire destroyed the first floor of the flats
The fire destroyed the first floor of the flats

Firefighters tackled a fire in Bexhill early this morning (Wednesday, June 3).

One fire engine from Bexhill and one from Pevensey were called to the address in Saltdean Way just before 12.25am.

On arrival they found a fire in the electrical intake of the property.

Both of the occupants had made their way out and were accounted for.

Crews used four carbon dioxide extinguishers to tackle the fire.

Firefighters administered oxygen therapy to one female who was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation, she was then handed into the care of paramedics.

The Red Cross Fire Victim Support Unit also attended.

The cause of the fire was found to be due to an electrical fault.

Control of the incident was handed to UK Power Networks.

A home safety visit was completed by the crews before they left the scene at 2.49am.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1 Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net

2 Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver

3 Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4 Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer – always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.