Firefighters have issued advice on how to avoid chimney fires following a spate of incidents across East Sussex, including Bexhill.
Crews were called to a property in Mount Idol View on Thursday February 26 following reports of smoke coming from the house at around 3.50pm.
The chimney fire was quickly extinguished using a specialist chimney kit.
East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service is urging the public to follow its chimney fire prevention tips.
Householders should always ensure that chimneys are swept regularly according to the type of fuel used:
* Smokeless fuels - at least once a year
* Bitumous coal - at least twice a year.
* Wood - quarterly when in use.
* Oil - once a year.
* Gas - once a year (any work on gas appliances requires a Gas Safe registered installer/engineer).
Always keep chimneys and flues clean and well maintained and always use a fire guard to protect against flying sparks.
Ensure the fire is extinguished before going to bed or leaving the house.
And never interrupt the air supply by blocking air vents or air bricks.