Firefighters were called to Egerton Park on Monday (April 24) - but there was no need for alarm as the crew were just taking part in a training exercise.
As part of the Chief Fire Officer’s Drowning Prevention and Water Safety Week (April 24-30), which is being supported by East Sussex Fire and Rescue, Bexhill Red Watch took part in a water safety training session at the Egerton Park lake.
Firefighters spread the safety message to curious passersby.
Martin Walker, of Bexhill Red Watch, said: “Please be careful around water. Even ‘knee deep’ can be ‘too deep’.”
Find out more about Drowning Prevention and Water Safety Week here: http://www.esfrs.org/your-safety/water-safety-drowning-prevention/
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.