Firefighters had to put out a blaze on their doorstep after a burning dustcart pulled up on the fire station forecourt in Beeching Road on Wednesday (August 26).
The vehicle had been out on its rounds when it caught alight just before 12.30pm.
The blaze was extinguished and the dustcart operatives were advised to empty it as soon as possible. The fire started accidentally.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.