Bexhill’s main Post Office is expected to be closed until at least Thursday (September 24) following flooding caused by heavy rain overnight.
A spokesperson for the Post Office said the floor of the building, in Devonshire Square, needs time to dry out, adding that the reopening date is also subject to what damage the flood assessment finds.
A Post Office spokesperson said: “Bexhill-on-Sea Post Office is currently closed due to flooding caused by heavy rain last night.
“We are currently assessing what damage has been done and when it is possible to re-open the branch.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the temporary closure of the branch and we are working hard to re-open the branch as soon as possible.”
The nearest alternative branches are: Windmill Drive, 1-3 Windmill Drive, Bexhill-On-Sea, TN39 4DG or Sidley, 64 Ninfield Road, Sidley, Bexhill-On-Sea, TN39 5BB.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.