Firefighters extinguished a fire in a ceiling light in Bexhill on Saturday (November 21)
East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a burning patch in the ceiling with smoke and flames at a property on St Leonards Road at around 9:50pm.
Fire engines from Bexhill and Bohemia Road, Hastings, along with the aerial ladder platform were sent to the scene where they found a small fire in a light fitting.
Crews spent time cutting away and ventilating the area and found the cause of the fire to be accidental.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.