Events celebrating the anniversary of the Battle of Hastings could be in line for funding – but there are just days left to apply.
Rother District Council is inviting community organisations, schools and other groups interested in marking 950 years since the Norman Conquest to apply for a share of £10,000 before January 31.
“There are plenty of groups who want to organise an event to mark the anniversary of the Battle of Hastings, and we would encourage them to apply for funding,” said Cllr Tony Ganly, chairman of the council’s grants panel.
“Community groups, parish and town councils and schools have until the end of the month to apply.”
All projects must demonstrate a link to the celebration of the 950th anniversary of the Battle of Hastings in 1066 and actively benefit Rother residents. There is an expectation that events will take place around October this year.
For an application form and guidance criteria, relevant documents can be downloaded from www.rother.gov.uk/1066grantscheme, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01424 787864 for further information.
News of events will appear on Twitter via the #1066grants hashtag.
More information about events to celebrate the anniversary is available at www.visit1066country.com
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.ryeandbattleobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RyeandBattleObserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BattleObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Rye and Battle Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.