Paramedics treat pensioner after fire

An 80-year-old man was treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire at a property in Dane Court Close.

East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service were called to the scene just after noon on Wednesday March 11, following reports of a fire alarm sounding.

Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a hose reel to put out the small fire.

South East Coast Ambulance Service (SECAmb) sent paramedics to the scene, but the pensioner did not require hospital treatment.

An investigation showed the fire started accidentally.