Firefighters were called to tackle a chimney fire at an address in Bexhill.
The East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service (ESFRS) sent crews to Cranston Avenue, Bexhill, at 11.59am on Sunday (March 3).
A spokesman said a chimney kit was used to tackle the fire and a home safety visit was carried out at the scene.
There were no reports of any injuries.
After the fire, ESFRS said: “Residents can take precautions to prevent a chimney fire in the home including making sure your chimney is swept regularly and according to the type of fuel used.