A sinkhole opened up in Bexhill town centre at the weekend.
The hole, thought to be between three and six feet deep, appeared in Buckhurst Place, just outside Mr Floor.
The area has been fenced off and repairs are due to be carried out shortly.
A spokesman for East Sussex Highways said: “We were made aware that minor damage to the road surface in Buckhurst Place, Bexhill, had deteriorated over the weekend and installed barriers to keep the area safe.
“We are working with utility companies to identify what has caused the damage and make the necessary repairs.
“The barriers will remain in place until the repairs have been carried out.”
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.