Toaster caught alight in Sidley

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Firefighters were called to a property in Sidley after a toaster caught alight.

Crews from Bexhill Fire Station raced to Stevens Close at 10am on Monday (April 4).

Firefighters gave oxygen to an elderly woman who had breathed in some of the smoke generated by the fire.

She was left in the care of the paramedics for treatment.

Firefighters ventilated the property.

An investigation was carried out and found the fire had started accidentally.