Emergency services have been stood down from a search which was launched after a woman reportedly walked into the sea fully-clothed in Bexhill this afternoon (Thursday, August 27).
The woman was apparently spotted heading into the sea at Cooden by a member of the public just before 3pm.
Eastbourne RNLI Inshore Lifeboat and Bexhill and Eastbourne Coastguard Rescue Teams combed the area and the Coastguard Rescue Helicopter was scrambled from Lee-On-The-Solent to assist.
After searching the area for almost two hours, the teams were stood down after nothing was found.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.