A woman was taken to hospital after she walked into the sea at Bexhill in the early hours of Saturday morning (June 25).
A member of the public raised the alarm shortly after 5.30am after spotting someone in the water off the De La Warr Pavilion.
Emergency services were told the woman was an estimated 100 metres away from the shore.
Hastings Inshore Lifeboat crews rescued the woman, with the assistance of Bexhill Coastguard and Sussex Police.
The woman was checked over by paramedics at the scene before she was taken to the Conquest Hospital in St Leonards.
The 31-year-old from Bexhill was later detained under the Mental Health Act.
* Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.