Woman treated for breathing in smoke after Bexhill fire

editorial image

A woman was treated for breathing in smoke after an accidental grill pan fire in Bexhill yesterday (March 7).

Two East Sussex Fire and Rescue Service appliances from Bexhill were called to Preston Road, Sidley, following reports of a small grill pan fire at 6.40pm.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet and carbon dioxide to tackle the fire.

The woman was treated at the scene after breathing in smoke and the cause of the fire was found to be accidental, a fire service spokesman said.

Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.

Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.

1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/

2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver

3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs

4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.

And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!

The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.

Be part of it.