I would like to think I am not the only Bexhill resident who would like the council to provide us with prompt and honest answers to the following questions.
This is in view of what happened last weekend on the Bexhill Down with the traveller’s intrusion:
• What actions does the council plan to take to prevent this intrusion of travellers on the Bexhill Down happening each year?
• What is the council’s assessed impact of the environmental cost to the council and local tax papers cause by this intrusion?
• What is the council’s assessed impact on the health and safety of local children and adults who use this public space for leisure, play and relaxation?
• What is the council’s assessed cost to issuing annual enforcement orders and getting local police to divert their time from more pressing duties to manage this intrusion?
• What is the overall monetary cost to the council for cleaning up the rubbish, human excrement and other damages caused by the travellers?
• What lessons have the council learnt from this reoccurrence and measures been considered to prevent this annual intrusion from happening ?
• What consideration is given by the council to the Human Rights of local tax-payers and residents who are inconvenienced, fearful and concerned about the protection of their persons and properties when these intrusion happen?
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.