I understand that the chairman of Bexhill and Battle Labour Party has backed calls for Jeremy Corbyn to stand down as Leader of the party.
This, I think, is a personal view as I don’t believe the local party has debated the issue and come to any conclusion.
During his time as leader the Labour party has:
• Won every Parliamentary by-election.
• Won the mayoral elections in London,Liverpool and Bristol.
• Held control of the councils run at the election.
• Got two-thirds of Labour voters to support remain (Tories only 40 per cent).
The party membership has grown with many young people finding Jeremy’s style of politics attractive to them and his refusal to carry out personal attacks is one which many find appealing.
He won a huge mandate only nine months ago so to indulge in another election now is not what the country needs. We need to spend all our time attacking the new, more right wing, Tory government, to ensure the rights of workers are not diminished in our negotiations to leave the EU and to campaign against the rise in hate crimes which are a result of the nastier parts of the Leave campaign.
The Chilcot enquiry is due out this month, this will probably discredit the Blair government, we don’t need any more bad news.
We need a party campaigning to defend the poorest in our society not attacking itself. I appeal to all members to unite behind the democratically elected leader and fight the real enemy.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.bexhillobserver.net/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/bexhillobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @BexhillObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Bexhill Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.