1066 Country has again been left with no Southern Rail trains during this week’s strike which starts today (Tuesday, November 22).
RMT Union members walked out at midnight for the 48-hour strike in the long-running dispute over the role of conductors on trains.
While the rail company says 62 per cent of services are running, there are no trains from Eastbourne to Ashford but a bus replacement service is running.
However buses will not be stopping at Doleham, Norman’s Bay or Pevensey Bay.
Southeastern services from Hastings to London via Battle are running as usual.
The next planned strikes:
• Tuesday, December 6, to Thursday, December 8
• Thursday, December 22, to Christmas Eve (Saturday, December 24)
• New Year’s Eve (Saturday, December 31) to Monday, January 2, 2017
For more information, visit: www.southernrailway.com/your-journey/strike/what-services-are-running.
What is your experience of the train strike? Are you able to get to work/school?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com, tweeting us or sending us a Facebook message.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage
2) Like our Facebook page
3) Follow us on Twitter
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
Always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.