Clinics at the Sidley Medical Practice will restart on Friday (February 26). The rollout had been paused since last Wednesday (February 17) due to a reduction in deliveries while other areas of the country caught up with their vaccine programmes.
As a result, there were no vaccine deliveries in Bexhill or to the Hastings Centre this week.
Dr Binodh C Bhaskaran, the clinical director overseeing Bexhill’s vaccination programme, said clinics will start again on Friday. They will run until Monday, with two further clinics planned for next Thursday and Friday.
The centre will be prioritising people in priority group six – the clinically vulnerable and high risk.
Once this group has been offered first doses, patients in the top four priority groups will then be invited back to the Sidley Medical Practice for their second jabs.
This process is due to start on March 16, according to Dr Bhaskaran, and the centre has been recalling patients who have already had their first dose.
Dr Bhaskaran said his team is working closely with the East Sussex Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS about how to run the programme in the coming months. This includes when the next priority groups (7 to 9) receive their vaccines.
Those in priority group five – aged 65 to 69 – have been invited to receive their first jabs at one of the mass vaccine centres in Eastbourne or Brighton.
Last week, the Sidley Medical Practice and the Hastings Centre were advised to use up their remaining vaccine doses before a short pause at both centres. In Bexhill, the remaining doses were used by last Wednesday and the last day of vaccines at the Hastings Centre was on Monday (February 22).
It is not yet clear when the rollout will continue at the Hastings Centre.