UPDATED: Sentencing adjourned again over St Leonards triple stabbing
The man found guilty of stabbing three people in St Leonards in December has had his sentencing rescheduled for the second time so more information on his mental health can be obtained.
Keiran Keyte, of Michelson Close, St Leonards, was due to be sentenced yesterday (Tuesday, June 21) after being convicted on three counts of attempted murder last month and the original sentencing due on June 14, both at Lewes Crown Court.
But a Crown Prosecution Service spokesman said the 34-year-old’s trial has been adjourned for a second time for further information to be obtained with regards to the defendant’s mental health.
It is now scheduled for September 12, with pre-sentencing reports at the same court.
Keyte was found guilty of the attempted murder of three people in Church Road, St Leonards, on December 7.
Two men from St Leonards were rushed to hospital and, believing there was a third victim missing, police launched a man hunt before finding a Bexhill man who was treated for his injuries.
Police said at the time the victims were known to the defendant.
Don’t miss out on all the latest breaking news where you live.
Here are four ways you can be sure you’ll be amongst the first to know what’s going on.
1) Make our website your homepage at www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/
2) Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/hastingsobserver
3) Follow us on Twitter @HastingsObs
4) Register with us by clicking on ‘sign in’ (top right corner). You can then receive our daily newsletter AND add your point of view to stories that you read here.
And do share with your family and friends - so they don’t miss out!
The Hastings Observer - always the first with your local news.
Be part of it.